My son is supposed to start pre-k in August at Chesnut. I know that the Board approved the 2013 budget last week and that 2.7 million was cut from pre-k. However, there seems to be lots of confusion (including in the media) as to what this actually means in terms of this coming school year’s pre-k classes.
- Will the Pre-k programs in the public elementary schools only be funded with the state amount?
- What does this mean for the school year?
- What does this mean in terms of the current pre-k teachers?
- Will they have to change to uncertified teachers?
- Will the program have a shorter day?
- More students?
- Will there still be a paraprofessional in the class?
What’s up with that?